Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Why Did I Buy This Red Sequin Top?

 Date of Purchase: May 2010  Times Worn:  0  Tags still on:  yes  Re-Donate:  yes
Sequins are not "in," and red is not my color.  I don't really care how "hip" that hipster is, no one could, or should be able to pull this off anymore.  This died in with the 80's, no zombie tops please.  

It is not clear to me what was going through my head when I bought this bloody disco ball of a top.  Perhaps it was the shear excitement of the sequins, the "oh pretty" effect, I mean we are all attracted to shiny things.  Or maybe my male interest at the time was obsessing over the color red, and this top was my subconscious effort to please him (damn that female instinct.)  This red sequin nightmare actually has place in his poetry, where he is "Dreaming of red sequin shirts."  
(Eva's butt)
This shirt appears to be the cousin of Eva Las Vegas' derby skinz, or maybe they are even her booty shorts in disguise?  Maybe some tush mojo will rub off on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment