Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Why Did I Buy This Old Lady Sailor Shirt?

Date of Purchase: over a year ago Times Worn: Re-Donate: no
I would imagine this was a top designed with America's aging baby boomer generation in mind.

This was bought during a summer full of Regina Spektor and blurred memories.  It was a thrift visit that occured directly after a session of singing "Maryanne's a bitch" at the top of our lungs in the car.  For some reason this top is an illustration of this song, perhaps just for the title, "Sailor Song," and not for the actual content of said song. Like I said, blurred memories. 

In reality this shirt is hideous, but I have worn it twice in an attempt to prove to myself it was worth the whole $0.30 I paid for it.  Though, I believe the second time was just on an outfit repeat, (I am a huge fan of recycling outfits) so that may not actually count.

I doubt I will be parting with this shirt any time soon just because it represents so many memories and is so fantastically gaudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment