Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why Did I Buy This Old Lady Sequin Top?

Date of Purchase: 2 years ago?  Times Worn:  0  Re-Donate: yes
This top looks like something my grandmother's, grandmother's nanny may have given to her grandmother.

Alright, so I didn't actually buy this myself, but I was there when my best friend bought it.  I did not intervene, I may have even encouraged it, so therefore I feel I may be equally responsible for this mess.

I can't completely put my finger on why, but this top reminds of something the last Grand Duchess of Russia, Anastasia, may have worn.  Though to honest this piece should have been put to rest along with the rumors of her surviving.  Most people do not know that Scientists confirmed through DNA that she did not survive.  SERIOUSLY?! Scientists really are buzzkills.  Apparently my best friend must have thought she was the  long lost Grand Duchess when she bought this top.  So much for that little girl fantasy of growing up to find out she is long, lost royalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment