Thursday, August 25, 2011

Why Did I Buy This Shiny Sequin Crop Top?

Date of Purchase:  During the crop top craze of 2010  Times Worn:  2  Re-Donate:  Nah


I haven't posted in awhile and I apologize to those who actually like this blog.  Good news though, classes are back, which means I have more time to procrastinate.
I know that I have already posted two sequin tops, I promise I do buy junk other than sequined crap.
The only thing I remember about buying this top was that the bare midriff was suddenly "in" again. I went crazy buying crop tops because the last time showing some belly was "in" was when my mother deemed me to young to wear such a thing. So naturally in this crop top phase, I had to buy a sequined one.
I believe I ultimately bought it with the intention of wearing out to some really indie, hipster event to outdo everyone else. I have only worn it twice though. The first time was out to eat at the restaurant where I work. The second was when I thought I was going to some indie, hipster event, but instead ended up at a friends house making grilled mac & cheese sandwiches (the Mecca of sandwiches btw). So much for my big plans.
I'm not willing to let this one go though. I envision myself wearing this on New Year's Eve to ring in the last year of the world. So go ahead 2012, "Mega M'Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment